Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Adding and subtracting fractions.

Hey there kiddos!

Thanks for your hard work in class today.  We re-reviewed adding and subtracting fractions including mixed numbers.  You received a notesheet along with tonight's homework, Adding and Subtracting Mixed numbers worksheet, and that should be a big help if you are having difficulty with the assignment.  You can also check out the videos from yesterday's post to help you review.

Some other helpful videos:





Here's another way to do these types of problems if you are having difficulty with borrowing.  There is a lot more calculations involved and the numbers can get pretty big, but the process will work.



I hope that this helps!  Good luck on the homework!  See you tomorrow.

-Miss K  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey there neighbor! I don't know if you remember me Miss K but as one of your founding and most prominent bloggers of all time I wanted to say hi. I honestly do miss the days when math problems were this simple and the daily game of UNO the smarty party would play. Now it's simplifying square roots and multiplying matrices and it only gets harder from there. But anyway hope your having fun, but not as much fun as you had with Filip, Sean, and me. From, Connor

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you! I hope that School is going well for you and that you are enjoying life! I hope to see you around some time!!! Don't let the hard work get you down and keep being awesome and a founding member of the smarty party!

    ReplyDelete