Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Monday, October 3, 2011

GCF

Greatest Common Factor.  Today we learned about determining the GCF by listing factors and using prime factorization.  Here are some of the notes from class today.




There is more than one way to get the prime factorization of a number, but the answer will always be the same.

Here's the solution of the first problem on tonight's homework:
By finding the prime factorizations of each number, we can compare what they have in common and use those common values to determine the GCF.  In this case, each value has two 3's in it's prime factorization so 9 (3X3) is the greatest common factor.

Let's watch Bob's video from class today:  Bob!

Another video on GCF:  (This guy has even better upside down writing skills than me!)


I hope that this helps!

Tonight's homework is to complete the GCF worksheet.  There are six problems on the paper and we already did #1 in class (see picture above).  You will be able to skip EITHER #4 or #6 if you would like.  If you would prefer to do all problems (that's awesome) you can do both #4 and #6 in addition to the regular ones.  If you do all six problems and get one wrong, it can still go in the 100's box!  There must be 5 correct problems on your paper to go into the 100 box!

Good luck with the homework!  Have a good night!

It was really nice to see all of you today!  I missed you on Friday!

-Miss K  :)



2 comments: