Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Amazing Infographics!

I am so impressed by the work that I saw today!!!  I know that some people had technical difficulties, but overall, the work was a amazing!  If you are one of the technical difficulties people, see if you can fix it tonight using whatever advice I gave you and bring it in tomorrow.  There will not be a penalty for it coming in a day late.  Please try to stop by during HR so we can see if the problem is fixed.  I will post infographic pictures this evening since I can't do it from school today.  (I'm missing a cord!)

As you know, there is a test this Friday and again on Tuesday.  I distributed another study guide today during class (see me if you lost yours or didn't get one for some reason) that includes the following notes:


Converting Fractions to Decimals and Decimals to Fractions

To convert from a fraction to a decimal:
·        Multiply the denominator so it becomes a 10 or 100 and change it to a decimal
·        Divide the numerator by the denominator (you may need to use a repeating bar)

To convert from a decimal to a fraction:
·        Say the decimal and turn it into a fraction then simplify

Compare and Order Fractions

·        Use common denominators to compare or order fractions
·        Cross multiply to compare fractions

Percent

·        Convert fractions to equivalent fractions over 100

Probability & Ratio

·        Write ratios in three forms, with a colon, using the word “to” and as a fraction
·        Put ratios in lowest terms

Proportion

·        Set up proportions as two equivalent fractions
·        Make sure that labels match either vertically or horizontally
·        Use cross products (cross multiplication) to solve proportions

Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide Fractions

Addition and Subtraction:
·        Set up the problem vertically
·        Find common denominators and convert to equivalent fractions
·        Add or subtract numerators, keep denominators the same
·        Simplify your answer

Multiplication:
·        Make everything a fraction
·        Multiply numerators, multiply denominators
·        Simplify your answer

Division:
·        Make everything a fraction
·        Keep the first fraction, change the sign to multiplication, flip the second fraction
·        Multiply numerators, multiply denominators
·        Simplify your answer


Friday's test will include most of the topics we have studied, and Tuesday's test will only include adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions and proportions.  Keep up the good work and keep your eyes open for additional posts with games to help you prepare for the test and photographs from class.

By the way, we passed 40,000 views on the blog!  Thanks for visiting the site and participating in the blog!  I hope that we get to 50,000 soon!

Homework for tonight is to study for the math tests!

-Miss K  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment