Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fire Drill today?!?!?!

That was strange! Those of you that were in LA for Blue class missed the prompt and those of you that were with me during the fire drill didn't get as much time to work on the homework. :( Sorry about that and I know that you will have a bit more to do this evening, but I don't want you to fall behind the other classes. The assignment for tonight is a little big, but it should go relatively quickly! Hopefully it won't use too much brain power! Please complete Worksheet 2-1, all problems; Worksheet 2-2, all problems; Worksheet 2-3, evens only.

You will be working on Reading and writing large numbers on ws 2-1. Quick hint on that page, don't forget three zeros in the millions place on number 11 and #'s 13-16 should have lots of zeros.



Rounding numbers, ws 2-2, should be okay as well. Lots to copy down, but not too much that you need to worry about. Remember that for number twelve, you are using the value you saw from number 11. The number 56,603,451 needs to be rounded to the a) hundreds place (4), b) millions place (6), c) ten-thousands place (0), etc.



(some kid pretending to be Chewbacca as he rounds...)

Finally, the last paper, 2-3, asks you to put the numbers in order from least to greatest. Please remember that you should only do the even numbered problems!!! The values are written with semicolons (;) separating them, so be careful when you look at them. Quick hint: Write the values out in standard form for numbers 12, 14 and 16. For number 18 you can write out the number or the industry!



(we don't use the chart like this lady did, but the information should help you!)

I hope that these little hints helped a bit! Good luck on the HW and come find me during homeroom if you have any questions.

-Miss K :)

No comments:

Post a Comment