Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A little more Customary Work!

Today we took the opportunity to have a little fun AND do a bit more with the customary system.

Remember...

If we are going from big units to small units, we MULTIPLY because we will need lots of those small units.

If we are going from small units to big units, we DIVIDE because we won't need that many of those large units.

Conversion factors:

12 inches in 1 foot
3 feet in 1 yard, 36 inches in 1 yard
5280 feet in 1 mile, 1760 yards in 1 mile



Five Tomatoes  (5-2-8-0)

16 ounces in 1 pound
2000 pounds in 1 ton



8 fluid ounces in 1 cup
2 cups in 1 pint
2 pints in 1 quart
4 quarts in 1 gallon



Good Luck with the Homework, Converting in the Customary System Worksheet.  Remember that the Test is Friday and the Study guide I handed out today is due Thursday!!!!

Have a good day!

-Miss K  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment