Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Monday, February 1, 2010

Customary Conversions

Today began our exploration of the customary system.  We talked about the customary system being really confusing and a little strange.  For example, the conversion factors in the customary system are...  2, 3, 4, 8, 12, 16, 36, 1760, 2000, and 5280.  That is a lot to memorize!!!

We used "Gallon Boy" to help us with the capacity units.



Many of you were familiar with the units of measure for distance...  Inches, feet, yards and miles.




We measure weigh using ounces, pounds and tons.



We started talking about zodiac signs in class today...  If you want to check that out, please feel free to check out this link!

Tonight's homework is to complete the customary conversions worksheet and Study for Friday's Test.

I hope to add more about conversions later, so keep checking back!

-Miss K  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment