Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Friday, May 4, 2012

Math is Musical, Music is Mathical!

Another Vi Hart video...  each pattern corresponds to notes as they change.  Now I'm not musically literate, but this is amazing and beautiful!  Check it out!



Vi Hart's comment on the video:

A visual and musical expression of mathematical symmetry groups. The transformations done to the video are equivalent to the transformations done to the notes.

These type of repeating patterns are called frieze patterns. A couple wallpaper groups are also represented.
Enjoy!

-Miss K  :)

5 comments:

  1. omg hilarious loop-a-doop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok right now i picture erin laughing histerically and rolling on the ground laughing! that was really awsome

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i was sarah r u a mind reader!!!!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It should be "Math is musical, music is mathematical."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frances, it should be, but "Mathical" sounded funnier! :)

    ReplyDelete