Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Monday, September 12, 2011

Ratios

Today we began working with ratios.  We know that a ratio is a comparison of two values set up in one of three ways.

A Fraction...  2/10 or 1/5 shows the ratio of my thumbs to the digits on my hand

Using the word "to"...  The ratio of core classes to related arts classes is 4 core classes to 3 related arts classes

Using a colon...  The ratio of years I was a student at Brown to the years I have been a teacher at Brown is 3:11

Want to know a little bit more about ratios?  Check out this short tutorial on Math.com or this Purplemath.com information.



Your only homework is to get ready for the trip tomorrow.  Remember to bring a lunch, dress in older clothes, bring some mucking around boots and remember to bring in any forms that you didn't get in today!

-Miss K  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment