Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Converting between fractions and decimals



Hey everyone!  As you know, I will not be in school on Friday for Rosh Hashanah so I hope that class goes well and you do your best work with the sub.  You will correct the homework from today and work on a class assignment during the period.  If you finish early, there should be a challenge problem for you!

In class today, we began looking at converting decimals to fractions and fractions to decimals.  I was going to type out a big long informational post, but I found two great pages on mathisfun.com that covers everything.  If you have questions, click the links below.


Converting decimals to fractions


Converting fractions to decimals

These links should be a big help!  Fractions should always be in lowest terms when possible.  Remember that when you divide a fraction to turn it into a decimal, the NUMERATOR goes inside the house and the DENOMINATOR is on the outside.  Be on the lookout for repeating decimals and use bar notation when you find one.  Otherwise it should be Terminating.


Have a lovely weekend.  I won't be posting tomorrow or Friday.  L'Shana Tovah if you are celebrating the Holiday.  :)

-Miss K  :)

2 comments: