Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Friday, September 7, 2012

Divisibility and Prime and Composite numbers

We spent a little time working on more divisibility rules and I introduced the rules for 6 and 9 for a bit of a challenge/extension.

6:  A number is divisible by 6 if it is divisible by both 2 and 3.

9:  A number is divisible by 9 if the sum of its digits is divisible by 9.

After that, we started talking about Prime and Composite numbers.

Some notes from class about prime and composite numbers:





Eratosthenes' sieve  <- Click this link to complete the Sieve of Eratosthenes!

And, the song...  That song......

Homework is to Enjoy your weekend!  See you on Monday!!!!

As a quick reminder, if you forgot to bring in your field trip paperwork, make sure it comes in on Monday!!!

-Miss K  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment