Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

RATIO!

Soooo...  Since I had to leave early yesterday for a doctor's appointment, I totally forgot to blog!!!!  Whoops!  We completed our benchmark assessment in class yesterday, so there wasn't much to tell anyway!  You are done with the fall benchmark!  Wahoo!!!!

Today, however, we were able to begin working on ratios.


Ratios are where you compare two different values.  They can be written as a Fraction (in lowest terms), using the word "to", or with a colon (:) as you can see above.

You received a note sheet with similar problems on it.  If you feel like you need more practice, you should try to work on those problems.  :)

Here are some examples from class using Blue classes data.






Tonight's homework is Worksheet 10-1, all problems.  That is the side with the shapes on top and the animals in the middle of the page.  Please work carefully, read the directions for each section (don't miss the directions for #'s 5-8!!!), and simplify your answers into lowest terms if you can.

White class:  I couldn't find the video that used to be attached to the lesson, so I wasn't able to include it in my post.  Everyone else:  Don't worry about it, their class didn't see it either!  :)

Have a good night and good luck with our first real homework of the school year!

-Miss K  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miss. K,
    It is so cool that you can post all of our class stuff on the blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete