Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Babe Ruth

Since we keep hearing about Babe Ruth on The Sandlot, I thought I would provide you with a little bit of information about the Sultan of Swat!

Wikipedia page on Babe Ruth.



When the boys lose the ball over the fence and it is captured by the beast they have reason to be worried!  A ball signed by Babe Ruth today would be worth between $4000 and $15,000!!!!

During the movie, the boys refer to Babe Ruth as:

  • The Sultan of Swat

  • The Great Bambino

  • The Colossus of Clout

  • The King of Crash

  • The Titan of Terror
But his real name was George Herman Ruth.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment