Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Solving Equations Part Two!

People did REALLY well on last night's homework and I am super pleased with your performance!  Today in class we corrected our homework from last night and I was amazed by how many papers went in the 100's box!  After correcting, we were able to create silly and strange word problems that could turn into equations.  You will see some of these problems again soon!

Tonight's homework is the big old packet on solving equations that I gave you today.  Now, before you get all grumpy about the big packet, one problem was already done, we did 4 in class (shown below if you forgot or were in Red class where got more work time but did less on the board) and there are only 24 problems in the packet...

My oh my, that sounds like it could turn into an equation...

1 + 4 + x = 24

x = 19  You only have 19 problems to do tonight.

Want another one?  There are 24 problems in the packet and there are z problems on each side of a page.  There are 4 sides in the packet total.

24/z = 4

z = 6  There are 6 problems on each page.

Here are the problems we completed in class!  Good luck with the homework tonight!


-Miss K  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment