Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dividing Fractions


Today we began dividing fractions.  If you felt good about multiplying fractions, you should have no trouble dividing as long as you remember to
KEEP IT!
CHANGE IT!
FLIP IT!
Watch the video below for some practice and extra information.

This video doesn't include cross cancelling, but the division steps are clear.  He also helps with simplifying and converting to mixed numbers.


Another video:  He flips, changes and keeps in the opposite direction but still only flips the second fraction.


Below, please find the steps and examples from class:






 Examples from the notesheet.  Not assigned for homework, but good to use for practice if you need more!

 Homework examples:
 ESTIMATE!!!!!!!!
Tonight's homework is to complete the dividing worksheet.  Good luck, work carefully!

-Miss K  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment