First we completed a mad minute! 30 multiplication problems in just 60 seconds! I was pleased with everyone's efforts! We will do a few more of these over the next week or so. You can practice your multiplication facts if you want to improve your score... Here's a fun game to help you practice.
We played a dice game and began talking about perseverance. Though the game was totally confusing when we first started, 10-15 minutes later, everyone knew how to play! These were some of the things that you thought of when we talked about perseverance:
- Following your dreams
- Facing Fears
- Never giving up
- Not letting "I can't" be part of your vocabulary
- Keep trying even if you are frustrated
- Just because something is difficult or hard doesn't mean you should stop trying
- If you try to do something, you can do it
- Believe in yourself
- Determination and leadership help you do something fearless
- Keep on trying
- Don't compare yourself to other people
- Challenges are opportunities
- Never say never
- Push on through, keep moving forward
- Don't worry about what other people tell you about what you can't do
- Believe that you can do the impossible
- Stay strong and believe in yourself
- Use your challenges to help motivate others
- If at first you don't succeed, try again
- Be invincible
- Keep reaching for your goals
- Nothing is impossible, anything is possible
We also watched a short video on Jessica Cox. If you want to watch it again or share it with your family, it's posted below. Her website is rightfooted.com
Thinking about perseverance and getting creative in math reminded me of this video about the Makey Makey...
It's pretty amazing what people can do when they put their minds to it! I can't wait to see the amazing things you do this year when you persevere and remember that a Positive Attitude + Work = Success!
Tonight's homework is to check out the blog and if you are reading this, you already completed your hw! If you need to get the other side of your orange sheet signed, please remember to bring it in Thursday!
-Miss K :)