Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Final grade of the year TOMORROW!!!!

Be sure to study!


FRACTIONS:

+ & -  Use common denominators to solve

X  Make everything a fraction, X numerators, X denominators, simplify.  You can cross cancel when multiplying

÷   Make everything a fraction, keep the first fraction, change ÷ to X and use the reciprocal of the second fraction, then X

Simplify Everything!

DECIMALS:

+ & -  Line up the decimals, drop the decimal into the answer

X  Ignore the decimals, X, count the space after the decimal and place your decimal

÷   Get rid of decimals in the divisor by moving it to the ->, do the same to the dividend, float the decimal up, ÷

STATISTICS:

Mean:  Average, + the numbers (hit = on the calc), ÷ by the amount of values

Median:  Middle, put numbers in order, count to the middle, average if there are 2 left

Mode:  Most, the value that appears the most

Range:  The largest number subtract the smallest

-Miss K  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment