Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Monday, February 14, 2011

Minute to Win it Data

Mean:  The Average.  Add up all of the digits to get a grand total and then divided that answer by the total number of pieces of data.

Median:  The Middle.  Line up the values in order from least to greatest.  The middle value is the median.  If there are two in the middle, add them together and divide by 2.

Mode:  The Most.  The value that shows up the most often.  You can have more than one mode if more than one value shows up the most.

Range:  The Span.  Subtract the smallest value from the largest value.  You should have one answer not "from x to y."

Homework:  Determine the mean, median, mode and range for each data set from your math class.  Expect decimals in most means!

Class data:

Red class.  (please note that there is one less piece of data in the second two activities)



White class.



Blue class.


Green class.


Good luck, use a calc, and have fun!  Pictures coming soon!

-Miss K  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment