Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Friday, October 8, 2010

Tomorrow is John Lennon's Birthday...

...So have a peaceful day!  He would have been 70 years old!

(image from United Artists)

Google made a little homage to him with their first ever video "doodle."


(Google)

Gon't know who John Lennon was?  Here's a little bit of Information...

He was a member of The Beatles and was credited with much of their songwriting along with Paul McCartney.

Who are The Beatles?  (okay, first let me catch my breath...)

The Beatles were a rock band that created many, many, many songs together.  They were only together for around 10 years, 1960-1970, but are considered one of the most influential bands of all time!  (and one of my favorites!!!)  In fact, VH1 recently shared the results of the "Top artists of all time" list.  The Beatles ranked first on the list.  The list was compiled by hundreds of contemporary musicians...

The most famous Beatles performance was the first time that they played The Ed Sullivan Show on February 9th, 2010.


(Maysles Brothers Documentary)

Obviously, they had many, many more songs... 

Write your favorite Beatles song in the comments!

Now back to John Lennon.  When the Beatles broke up in 1970, John worked on more independent music.  He was a pacifist who worked towards Peace.  Tragically, he was killed December 8th, 1980.  Thankfully, we still have his music!

One of the most famous songs by John Lennon, "Imagine," is below.



John Lennon Website.  They have lots of information about him on the site!

Have a lovely, peaceful weekend!

Homework:  None, Have a good weekend and don't forget to come to school on Monday!  :)

-Miss K  :)

9 comments:

  1. My favorite Beatles song is Hold your Hand or Here Comes the Sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was just Maggie i forgot to put my name What is your fav Beatles song Miss.K

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom LOVES John Lennon, he was such a peaceful man...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE ALL LIVE IN A MAGENTA SUBMARINE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe that should be Yellow Will, but maybe they've painted recently.

    My favorite Beatles song ever is "Something" but that is by George Harrison. I am also a really big fan of "Rocky Raccoon." Basically, I love the whole White Album.

    -Miss K :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Twist and Shout

    ReplyDelete
  7. probably helter skelter...weird but delicious

    ReplyDelete