Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

PEMDAS

Today we started working with Order of Operations (OoO as I like to call it).

The Order is:

Parentheses- Do everything inside the parentheses first.  Follow the OoO inside the parentheses.

Exponents- Simplify (solve) the exponents. Be careful to ensure you do them properly.

Multiplication/Division- Working from left to right (like a normal sentence) complete the division and multiplication problems as you see them.

Addition/Subtraction- Working from left to right (like a normal sentence) complete the subtraction and addition problems as you see them.

Be sure to rewrite the problem after each step to ensure that you don't forget any parts.

Tonight's homework is Worksheet 2-8.  I will let you know in class which problems to do!  (There won't be many!)

Some OoO help below...  :)

From Mrs. Glosser's Math Activities:  Order of Operations

Tutorial and practice problems from Amby's Math Resources:  Tutorial and a "Pre-test"

Fun Brain fill in the blank problems:  Games

Interactive activitiy where you just click on the operations (no calculations): click activity  (make the window bigger to play!)

AWESOME game where you can make your own image play (mine below):  Millionaire game



Video help:

A song to help you remember the order: 



There are TONS of PEMDAS videos online.  I will report tonight or tomorrow with some of the best ones!

Have a great night and don't forget to wear Blue and Green tomorrow for Earth Day!

-Miss K  :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Miss k
    I'm having truble with problem number 9.

    Joey Wolek :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that we were able to talk about this during HR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear MS. K.
    The Millionare game was fun. I only got 2 wrong. All the other ones I tried to do on a sheet of paper and I got them right but I just guessed for them right after I tried to do thre problems.

    Lyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Lyla! I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend!

    -Miss K :)

    ReplyDelete