Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Easy Peasy Metric System!

Today we started our work in the metric system.

As you know, I said in class today that we really should be using the metric system for many reasons.

#1  Conversions are SOOOOOO much easier because everything changes by a power of ten.
Here is one chart.

And another one, more like what we used in class.

King           Henry          Died         by            drinking      chocolate    milk
Kilo            Hecto          Deka        base         deci           centi            milli
Km             Hm             Dm           m             dm             cm               mm
                                                    (meter)
KL             HL              DL           L              dL              cL               mL
                                                    (liter)
Kg              Hg              Dg           g               dg               cg                mg
                                                    (gram)

#2  We are practically the only ones not using the metric system.  (map and info from wikipedia)


Countries which have officially adopted the metric system. Only three nations have not officially adopted the International System of Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Burma, Liberia, and the United States.

The countries that don't use the metric system...




#3  I like to say "milli" cause it makes me smile.

Tonight's homework is to complete the Metric Madness worksheet


Do your best on the homework and let me know if you have difficulty.  We will spend more time on this, so if it really drives you crazy, don't worry too much about it.  It will get better soon!

-Miss K  :)

3 comments:

  1. hey miss. K,
    Whats up??????? Is your dog with you right now????????? I will see you tomorrow and have fun in the snow!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)
    *~Gabby~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gabs!!!

    The dog is snoring on the couch right next to me... I will post a picture in a second!

    -Miss K :)

    ReplyDelete