Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Creative Polygon Assignment

Tonight's homework assignment is to get your math test signed if you didn't last night and to complete the creative polygon assignment.  The creative assignment might be a little bit confusing, so let me take this opportunity to try to clarify what I meant.

You need to find/collect/create examples of each of the eight polygon types that we talked about in class and bring it into class tomorrow.  Please try to be as creative as possible with as many shapes as possible.  I have provided some examples below.

Triangle



















Quadrilateral




Pentagon (the black patches)




















Hexagon




















Heptagon



Octagon




Nonagon




Decagon




Remember that you can take a picture of something if that make it easier.  Please limit your items to things that will all fit in a regular sized plastic shopping bag.

If you have further questions, please post them on this blog by clicking the comments link at the bottom of this post and writing your comments.  You might need to post as "anonymous."

I am very much looking forward to seeing your creative polygons tomorrow!!!

-Miss K  :)

7 comments:

  1. can we get pictures off of the computer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to draw all my pictures. Joe Wolek

    ReplyDelete
  3. joey do u know if we can get pictures off of the computer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you can get pictures off of the computer, but not all of them hopefully!!! :)

    -Miss K :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a question,and hope u can help.My 11 year old brought home a project for school and I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I have no idea how to help her I have forgotten all there is to know about creating a perfectly productive polygon. HELP!!! The requirements are that it contains 3 easily identifiable polygons. What can I do to help her?

    ReplyDelete
  6. these pictures are so helpful now its easier to do my homework

    ReplyDelete