Welcome to Miss K's Blog!!!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you enjoy checking out all of the information, links, videos, notes and STUFF that I put on here. Please visit this page frequently and PARTICIPATE in the blog by leaving a comment! Thanks! -Miss K :)

Reminder: Comments should be appropriate, kind, thoughtful and grammatically correct. I will DELETE comments that I think are inappropriate!

If you need to talk to me, please contact me via my school e-mail. Thank you.

Please note that all elements of this page are intended for educational purposes. All items included on this page are intended to be used within Fair Use guidelines. Please contact me if you have any concerns regarding any material included on this site. Thanks

Monday, January 11, 2010

01/11/10

Hello there wonderful students!!!  Today is a really cool date!  As you can see, if you write out the date mm/dd/yy, the numbers form a palindrome (a word or list of numbers that can be read the same forwards and backwards) but the date also reads exactly the same upside down.  If you think about the way numbers are written on a calculator, what is the next date that will read the same upside down?


Remember that an upside down two turns into a five, a five into a two, a six into a nine and a nine into a six.  Ones, eights and zeroes stay the same.

Speaking of things reading the same upside down, you should learn about Ambigrams.  Check out this really cool AMBIGRAM site.  On this site, you can type in a word and and it will give you a picture that reads the same upside down or right side up!

Here is my first name from a different site...



You can also type in different words of the same length and it will create a picture in which one word is read right side up, and the other is read upside down.

Here's another site.  The graphics are better but you have to click a terms of use agreement before you can see the ambigram.  (Not a big deal as long as you don't plan on copying and using their image!)'

A whole bunch of ambigramed names on this site!

I hope that you found this at least a little bit interesting!!!

1 comment: